What is an AgEnhancement Grant?
Each year, Northeast agricultural credit associations and CoBank award grants to help organizations promote awareness of agriculture in the six New England states, New York and New Jersey. Funds are provided as part of the Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement program, an ongoing educational campaign that supports agriculture, forest products and commercial fishing industries in the Northeast. Since its inception in 1996, the Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program has awarded more than two million dollars in grants to organizations across the Northeast.
What's Eligible for an AgEnhancement Grant?
Programs that promote and strengthen the agriculture, forest products or commercial fishing industries in any of the following ways:
- Development of young and beginning farmers
- Encourage leadership
- Develop a greater understanding of agriculture
- Recognize the accomplishments of ag leaders
- Study the economic viability of agriculture
- Promote interest in the industry
- Impact the Northeast (statewide and regional projects also eligible)
- County or local school projects
- Programs and projects of nonagricultural charities
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships, or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations
- General operating funds and ongoing program support
- Capital or building projects
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation
- Funding for annual state meetings, general business or corporate meetings or regularly scheduled conferences
- Indirect costs associated with sponsored projects
- Awards range from $500 to $10,000.
- Proposals for Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement grant funding will be considered three times per year.
- Application materials must be received by the close of business April 1, August 1 and December 1. Receipt of projects after these dates will be held for consideration in the next review. It is recommended that the application be submitted in a grant cycle well in advance of the project date so that if the project is funded, the applicant will receive funding prior to the project start date. For example: if the project is August 29-31, 20xx, then the application should be submitted for the April 1 grant cycle.
- Applicants will be notified by email that the application has been received. Applicants are encouraged to contact AgEnhancement if they do not receive an acknowledgment email.
- Notification of the funding decision will normally be within 30 days of the application deadline.
Application process & requirements
The Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program makes grants upon the review of an Application Summary and letter request. Up to three pages supporting materials may also be included. Requests shall be made in accordance with the procedures set forth in this document. The following materials are to be submitted via e-mail:
- Complete the AgEnhancement Application. *
- Upload a letter outlining the purpose of the proposed program, activity or event and describing how it will be conducted. Please upload the letter to your AgEnhancement Application Summary (see bottom of form). The letter should not be longer than two pages and include the following:
- Specific information as to what is intended to be accomplished and the amount of funding being requested;
- Indicate other sponsoring organizations, if applicable;
- Specific dates for activities and events and whether program / event sponsors will be asked to participate in any manner.
- Specific information on how receipt of the grant will be reported in the recipient's newsletters, press releases, event handouts, and other materials.
- Budget information indicating how the AgEnhancement funds will be used and information regarding the total cost of the project/event/program and the proportion of funding being sought from Farm Credit AgEnhancement.
- Supporting information, not to exceed three pages MAY also be included
Disclosure Requirement for Farm Credit Directors and Employees
Any director or employee of a Northeast Farm Credit Association or CoBank shall clearly indicate their affiliation with Farm Credit in the letter seeking funding support from the Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program. Failure to disclose this information shall cause the project to be ineligible for consideration.
Contact Kyle Bell at 860.741.4380 or send an email.
To return to Yankee Farm Credit's web site, simply close or minimize the window when you are finished browsing that site.